Thursday, April 10, 2014

Absolute truth, or...


Truths in all their glory -

We all know that I greatly enjoy A.Word.A.Day, but I have become even more addicted to the one-liners at the end of the postings.

Today’s should really be allowed to stand on its own, but we also all know that I won’t let it sink into the unacknowledged.

An honest man speaks the truth, though it may give offence; a vain man, in order that it may. -William Hazlitt, essayist (1778-1830)

Using this it would be very entertaining to “interpret” postings by my friends and acquaintances on Facebook.  For every conservative graph, posting or remark there exists the opposite “truth” from the liberals and vice versa. Who tells the “truth”? And are they honest or vain? I could really get in hot water with this particular subject.
 
As for myself: graffiti can be as profound as any philosopher and I'd love to meet the artist who did the following. My opinion exactly!

Graffiti at the bus stop
"The only absolute truth is that there is none"

No comments:

Post a Comment