Friday, March 27, 2015

30 hours of which 11 hours of train or…


On the road again.

The name of my blog surely gives it away: Views from Everywhere.

I love to travel, but even I have been known to cram in perhaps a wee bit too much.

Seated on my first train yesterday morning, headed towards Southern France (thanks S for being at home!) I realized that once I got here out of 30 hours I would have spent 11 of them on one train or the other.  Leaving St.Gallen the day before around noon, arriving in Argelès-sur-Mer at 18:00, I have also covered just under 1’000 kilometers.

Below a few scenes – through dirty train windows – of the trip in between Geneva and Argelès-sur-Mer.


Rhone river outside of Bellegarde, France

ruin on the outskirts of Bellegarde

Lyon, France the "crayon"

a mountain-top village along the way

Sète France

Towards the Mediterranean

Harbor entry

Along the Mediterranean

Along the Mediterranean, Spanish mountains

C's fish soup - a great welcome!

the alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions


No comments:

Post a Comment