Friday, November 1, 2013

Home for the winter


Or, have left my summer rental.
Which doesn’t necessarily mean that I am truly home for the winter: currently no plans
For a whole four weeks, then will visit my German in-laws.

It was with sadness and gladness that I emptied the summer rental yesterday: sad to be leaving the peace of the mountains; glad to no longer be making the trip; sad to not have a bolt hole; glad to finally mainly sleep in my own bed; sad to leave friends, never knowing when I’ll see them again, glad to finally have time to re-connect with other friends.

Have managed to already empty the suitcases and re-distribute all those bits and pieces (now to actually use them all up over the winter – a true challenge). Time to settle in, live at a calmer pace.

On with the wash!


No comments:

Post a Comment