The iffy fall weather means that physically there are lots of rainbows (yesterday alone – 4 in various spots as I drove through the city).
But there are also the emotional ones:
- My two sons
- My brother and sister - their spouses
- My younger son’s girlfriend
- My housemate
- My innumerable (o.k. I can actually number them, but I have been to richly blessed that I prefer the innumerable label) female friends, those I’ve known a life-time, those I’ve known for 40 years, those I’ve known for only a few, even those new friends. They all have their roles in my life; they all bring me something positive.
- The male friends who have treated me exactly the same after (my husband’s death) as before.
- Concerts, museums
- Magazines, good books (and sometimes even the indifferent ones)
- Good meals whether in a restaurant or at friends
- TV series – DVDs that make me laugh
- A house and enough to live on: blessed more than many in this world
And the list is not exhaustive, nor did I try and remember everyone.
I hope that everyone has at least a few rainbows in their lives. Feel free to borrow the one below if needs be!
|Nov.7, 2013: morning rainbow "dot"|