Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It was meant to be…


Or signposts in my life.

So many times throughout my life, I have had a “feeling”, or was prevented from doing something, which led to something better, or got a “sign” that I followed up on – and it was meant to be.

Today was just another (small) example of how this works for me: I started off on a short round of errands – delivering leftover kitchen equipment to a friend for another friend who needed his kitchen outfitted. From there to the tire seller to have my summer tires exchanged for winter ones (not that I ever intend needing them, but even on my small street if it freezes and I slip, it is much better to have changed them so that the insurance company can’t blame me for not having done so – not that it is a legal requirement).
As that was finished shortly after noon and one of my favorite restaurants was on the way home, I thought that I would not bother cooking at home… that is until I had made two full circles in all distances not further than 500 yards from said restaurant without finding a parking place. Disappointed, I said to myself: oh well, it was meant to be and headed home to explore the leftovers.

In recompense I cut the last rose of the season then proceeded to make lunch.  It is a good thing that I was home as, although we had arranged for me to be here from 2 to 5 p.m. (I had missed their coming by on Monday), DHL showed up at 1 p.m.

Like I often tell others; there are many signs as to what one should do along the way, all it takes is reading them correctly.

Now I have the afternoon free and can go for coffee or a walk under the beautiful blue skies: it was obviously meant to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment