Saturday, September 12, 2015

I did it again


And there was no “oops” about it – rather a determined Nike slogan “Just do it”.

Actually I was playing with the idea yesterday afternoon when I saw that the weather was supposed to be good today. When I awoke, for once, the weather reports were correct so up I went on the cable car for one last lunch this season followed by the walk back down.

From 1’700 meters to 1’000 one does feel it in ones knees by the end, even if I was taking baby steps. The baby steps will however be recompensed when I awake with pain tomorrow as opposed to a couple of years ago when not only were my knees killing me but also my hips: never too old to learn a new trick.

And it was entirely worth it as I sat facing the mountains the sun on my back and enjoyed a lovely meal.

 
Looking towards La Golette (middle) from the terrace of the La Creusaz Restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment