Friday, September 12, 2014

My normal is your exotic and


Vice Versa

Last Sunday was such a beautiful day that I decided to take a walk that I hadn’t done in a long time: up to my village, across what I call the “spine” and back down via the lakefront.

In a short time I can see both the alp mountain chain (including Mont Blanc on a clear day) and the Jura mountain range; the lake; the vineyards (almost ready for harvesting); small villages, large and small lakefront properties; the harbor itself and any other wonders along the way.

I often reflect upon how lucky I am to have such glorious surroundings – some days I even take them for granted, until I realize that many envy me my life. But then, it’s all a matter of perspective (with a touch of “the grass is greener on the other side of the fence”) as I might find your surroundings extraordinary, if they differ totally from my daily sights.

Enjoy wherever you are, whatever you see.

lettuce for the fall

the upper road - Juras in the distance

part of the vineyards

grapes are almost ripe

property on the lake front - calm day

taking off - calm lake

wind's up today... five days later - another lake

the wind and waves change the color today

No comments:

Post a Comment