Sunday, August 3, 2014

It’s my birthday and I’ll read if I want to…


Read if I want to, read if I want to. (My generation knows the refrain: “It’s my birthday and I’ll cry if I want to”, but hey I welcome each one – proof that I’m still having a party!
 
But back to the “it’s my birthday and I’ll read if I want to”:  I have a new kindle and already spent an hour reading the instructions then downloading a half a dozen free books. I can see that I will quickly be addicted and splitting my time in between so many classicals that I’ll never catch up. It is going to take some good willpower to turn it off, lay it aside and get on with “real” life.

Well actually maybe I’ll answer the phone, open the cards, have lunch with my friends, including one who shares my birthday; send text messages to the other two who share my birthday, check Facebook for the lovely people who will post to my wall.

I am blessed beyond measure in my family, my friends even those acquaintances on the periphery of my life

But, hopefully I’ll also read if I want to!




No comments:

Post a Comment