Thursday, October 24, 2013

Black boxes and the 3 M’s


Yesterday I accrued yet another black box: you know how some women have several little black boxes with jewelry to go along with their LBDs, well that’s just not me.
In addition to the glass case and the hearing aid case, I am now the proud possessor of the “night guard” case.  Effectively having lost one molar due to clenching my teeth at night, which caused the old filling to finally crack the molar in two, I went to the dentist to discuss saving the other lower molar. If you grind your teeth at night, a special mouth guard-type of dental appliance -- called a nocturnal bite plate or bite splint -- may be created to prevent tooth damage Thus I added a black box to my life. Now, instead of having jewelry worth $1’000s, I wear at various times of the day what I am going to label “accessories for a better life” worth just as many thousands.




The three M’s: returning from the dentist I stopped at the doctor’s as I suspected a possible ITU, which was confirmed leaving me with a prescription for antibiotics needing to be filled.  By then it was nearing noon and ever since our return from the mountains, my housemate and I hadn’t really done much shopping, relying instead upon one or the other to propose a solution for lunch agreeable to both.  Thus it was that I came up with Marronniers (the restaurant of choice for most of our outings), McDonald’s (in case anyone felt like “sinning") and Maison, which in French simply means “home, dig something out of the freezer”, but I needed an M so couldn’t use house. Before arriving home I thought of the  Migros (the local grocery store, in a mini mall with a pharmacy) as well.  I asked my housemate which M she wanted to eat at, whereupon she replied Mikado? Manor?... thus quickly adding two more M’s. We now have a week’s worth of places to eat all starting with M, but for yesterday:
We decided that we both were craving hamburgers, so off we went to Les Marronniers (got you there didn’t I?) where we enjoyed the gourmet version of a classic. 
It was truly the best hamburger that I have ever eaten!

No comments:

Post a Comment