Sunday, August 4, 2013

Life's little milestones


Ah, what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day.

Woke up thinking “it’s my birthday and I’ll party if I want to, party if I want to” to the tune of “It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to…”  Hmmm, wonder which is more appropriate?
65 – what a milestone, yet I remember turning 6 as clearly as if it were yesterday. Ah the memories, so after a brief (very) pause to think: gee, I guess I am getting older, I then thought – still lots of living to do and began my day.

Coffee with M in the village under sunny skies with a breath of air; a spot of retail therapy (found a new everyday purse – and I’ve been looking for some 5 years – I can tell it’s going to be my lucky day!) – very successful retail therapy I must add.

Then I was off to pick up a twin (shares my birthday if not the year) to have lunch with a third friend at the foot of the Jura mountain chain – more sun and a lovely breeze. Back into town (ever so grateful for a car with air conditioning as another record-breaking temperature day), dropping E then heading home for cocktails in the garden with my boys followed by dinner at the restaurant on the lake just down the road.

Cards, e-mails, texts and even presents including a fun treasure hunt for a series of cartoon books from one of my favorite authors (figuratively and in reality); Auer chocolates – simply the best of any in the world, and believe me, I have tried chocolates; lotions, potions galore from both sons who seemed to have had the same great thought; and my bed linens washed and bed re-made by L– that truly made it a special day).

In fact it was such a great day that I didn’t get around to seeing e-mails, cards and texts until this morning so taking a clue from the Christmas Cake that my sister posted on FB to wish me a Happy Birthday, I’m going to party until then!

The sun may have set, but the light hasn't gone out.

Sunset as seen from our table.

No comments:

Post a Comment