Saturday, January 23, 2021

The unending chocolate box




I love, as in adore, as in my favorite, as in any time I am within a half a mile of this chocolate maker in Geneva I will go: Auer.

Now I discovered Auer long before John Kerry and it remains one of my all time favorites (can’t say for 100% as friends and family over the years have presented me with some of their favorites and it would be very difficult indeed to decide). My family know that there is nothing I love better for a present (and yes, thank you, any excuse is a good one: celebrating “we-finally-made-it-home” for example to purchase me some) than a few Auer chocolates.

This year I got a small-looking box from my younger son and thoroughly enjoyed the first layer, was very glad that there was a second layer at the end of which I thought it was done, but no the box felt heavy still and indeed there was a third layer: bliss is an unexpected layer of chocolates!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment