Wednesday, January 27, 2021

A dreaded word

No, not any of those that one might logical have come to mind.

Filing.

I am a very orderly-type person, probably inherited from my mother who had one of those large metal filing cabinets. I have folders from ever since I returned to Europe and Geneva in 1973 (and yes still have “important” – in who’s eyes? – documents from the first cars to the house we sold in 1979).

 

With the advent of Internet I was able to eliminate some of those paper folders, then found myself going back and re-starting some as finding one single document in a computer is like searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack. You can use every single search word or combination of words and not find that desperately needed document!

 

So for many things I have gone back to paper files. That however means that one has to actually file the papers – something I am definitely not good at. And it’s getting worse, the longer we are locked down the less time I seem to have for such tasks.

 

Still tax-prep needs to be started and to find anything means filing all those bits and pieces from last year – sigh. Tomorrow might be a good day to start!

 

 Document file, box file, office supply, paperwork. filing folder Stock  Photo - Alamy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment