Friday, January 8, 2021

Grandson friendly occupations

 


I love, as in adore, having my grandson over for the day.

However, at 19 months we stay in the living room, kitchen and entry – on one floor – as I have no stair barriers so will not leave him alone on any other floor, nor go up or down for any task that takes more than 60 seconds!

 

If I need to go up to the bedroom floors it takes three or four times as long as I need to encourage him to climb and come down on his own. (For various reasons I am not able to carry his weight now that he is growing and, besides, he needs to achieve these milestones as did his father and uncle before him).

 

Sometimes I read my papers, play a Sudoku or two and in general relax now that he is capable of playing on his own for several minutes at a time.

 

The other day though I had a brilliant idea: ah, ha, the refrigerator and freezer need de-frosting/cleaning.  Wonderful to not only entertain him, but actually get something in thee house finally cleaned and organized as well. Now I won’t feel guilty if I achieve nothing else.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment