Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Mixing up names

 

wordle


It’s not just an adult being forgetful or unconscious, in particular a mother:

It’s a proof of love

 

At least that is what a very small article in a magazine accompanying the Sunday paper informs me.

 

Thank goodness: my kids always thought that my calling them by each others names had some sinister meaning, or that I was having memory problems. Non several American psychologists have studied the question and determined that one most easily calls one child or sibling by another’s name when one loves them! And apparently the phenomenon is not limited to any age but can happen at any one of them.

 

I always told them when it upset them that they should be grateful that I wasn’t calling them by one of the cat’s names, but now I can say, it was love, pure love. Thank goodness.

 

Of course there is one small fly in the ointment: these were American psychologists….

 

This is your brain in love – builtforyourbrain.com
https://images.app.goo.gl/HQjNBmTAtMvhPcd5A


No comments:

Post a Comment