Monday, January 25, 2021

A great gift

You know how sometimes you get just what you asked for, that’s already good.

But how many times do you get something that you really don’t want, nor have much use for? Probably more and more often as we age and our tastes run more to non-collection of “things” than to filling up spaces.

But then, occasionally, you receive the perfect gift, one that arrives when least expected and is truly useful. One that reminds you every time you use it of the person who gave it to you, and of course said person is always remembered with fondness.

 

I received a few years ago the most lovely cookie jar – from the family of a little girl that I “adopted” as my grand-daughter and whom I don’t see nearly enough now that we are in the middle of a pandemic, but who still has a large place in my heart.

 

Every year when I bake Christmas cookies, out comes the cookies jar. It sits on the counter for those of us in the house to help ourselves and remains there until the last of the cookies are gone when it’s put away from yet another year. I love it! Thanks L’s!

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment