Saturday, March 19, 2016

ACROSTICs and PANGRAMs


ACROSTICs

About
Creating
Rhythms
Or
Stories
To
Individual
Criteria

So an acrostic – and they said “remember when you were a child…” – is when one starts each sentence or phrase with a letter which in turn spells out a word. What do they mean “as a child” – I regularly used this method to make birthday messages, to write short notes to both husband and kids and even today I still use the technic more often than not. Does that mean that I have retained some youthfulness or simply that I find writing something profound on a card difficult and choose the easy way out?

PANGRAMs

Are sentences using each letter of the alphabet, the classic example being “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog”. Now this interests me less so will not take the trouble to think up my own.

But words, their meanings, their combinations, their lives are ever so interesting: I could play all day!



No comments:

Post a Comment