Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Serendipity


Coincidence, happenstance, chance, fluke or luck, call it what you will, I have been blessed with probably more than my share, although how one can quantify that I am not quite sure.
 
Sitting the other night in front of the TV here in the mountains and desultorily flipping through programs, settling on not much, I happened to glance out the window and see this.


“Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away”
(Research as to the author of this quote shows…”the author is uncertain, but some possibilities are: The author is a Canadian man who wrote the quote on a greeting card for Carleton Cards in the mid 1970's . In return for his quote he was remunerated and signed away the copyright to Carleton Cards.
George Carlin Used it. Hilary Cooper USED it.

There is no certainty to who actually came up with it, but I've heard it was Stephanie Marcotte. I'm not sure if this is true, though.” Kateherenow) If the latter it would be total appropriate as I saw the moon from the window of the flat that I rent in Les Marécottes! Close enough for that to be serendipity as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment