Sunday, February 2, 2014

New…


Traditions
Habits
Friends
Books
Month
Year

Tradition: for the past three years I have spent every night in January happily ensconced in my own bed – a miracle for those who know how much I enjoy travelling and how often I indulge in that love.

Habits: they say that in order for an action to become a habit one needs to perform it at least three times. I seem to have made a new habit (and way more than three times so it may stick): eating my breakfast at home on Sunday mornings. And sometimes I even do so in my pyjamas and bathrobe! The breakfast-at-home on Wednesdays (coffee shop is shut) are a half-habit as I have been known to both stay at home or go to another coffee shop depending upon the days’ duties.

Friends: o.k. so I keep saying that I don’t want to make new friends – and promptly break the rule. Most recently met a delightful lady (waiting at the bus stop as I came out of the restaurant and I figured – correctly as it turned out – that she was on her way to the continuing care hospital, which was right on my way. I proposed taking her and we just never stopped talking). Exchanged e-mails, met for coffee and what a fascinating person I would have missed had I not, on a whim, asked if she needed a ride. Always leave room for those impromptu events, you never know where they may lead.

Books: for some reason, all of my friends are reading the most fascinating books currently and I have a backlog of 5 or 6. Good to know that I am not going to run out of reading materials any time soon!

Months: On to February having had nothing disastrous happen in January – it’s going to be a good year.

Year: we end the 14th, or begin the 15th year since I lost my husband and the boys their father. We have survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment