Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The state of the world…


The state of my world.

Not quite sure how it happened, but I seem to have become addicted to Facebook. OK it still ranks second to my e-mail inbox, nevertheless every day time is spent checking both.

Today’s brought up two topics: the state of the world and the state of my world.

The state of “The World”: a friend forwarded a YouTube link http://www.youtube.com/embed/nGeXdv-uPaw  A very well thought out and put together 5-minute video of what is happening to our physical world.
Almost grateful that it didn’t address the state of our mental and emotional worlds.

The state of “my” world: solid and stable for the moment. Having checked Facebook and seeing that son 2 is safely in Cuzco, Peru for some 4 months, following his trip from New York, in all its beauty and sensitivity; knowing that I will see son 1 tonight to celebrate (belatedly) his recent birthday; having looked out the window to see birds at the feeder, patches of blue sky and a hint of sun on the oaks, I would have to admit that my life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment