Saturday, February 15, 2014

Just because I could…


I turned over and went back to sleep when I awoke at 6 a.m.;
I got up, fiddled around and made fresh applesauce from leftover apples;
Went for coffee and the mail late (sick friend meant no meeting this morning);
Went mid-morning shopping;
Picked up the ingredients for lemon “brownies”,
Bought some cheery yellow tulips for the sick friend as well as
white ones for myself;
Popped around to take the flowers and fresh applesauce to my friend: she gives so much to everyone else, she deserves anything that I can do;
Worked for an hour (o.k. that was more just because I should);
Late, light lunch
A computer game or two and now I’m ready for the rest of the afternoon.

Ah – the beauty of doing things just because I can sure beats “have to” any day.
But I guess I had best not apply it too often or
1)   It would lose it’s attraction and “change” value
2)   I’d never get anything accomplished


No comments:

Post a Comment