Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Reverting to childhood


     One of the reasons, in my way of thinking, for wanting grandchildren is so that I can watch Winnie the Pooh without apologies. I came late to these stories as we were encouraged to read “real” stories as opposed to fantasies and TV only entered my life at age 10 – I Love Lucy having been our mainstay. There were no VHS videos, there were no DVDs. However, we were far from being deprived as we had the whole world (i.e. the front yard, the middle yard and the backyard) to play in, an ivy patch that held dragons, snakes and anything else with which to frighten ourselves: we wouldn’t have had time amongst the piano practice, the homework, the household chores and the play to have watched even had we had access.

I discovered Winnie the Pooh with the birth of my own children and again, due to lack of access and the fact that they were boys, our choices of reading leaned more to the trucks, tractors, or “Finding Waldo”. Still I brushed up against Winnie the Pooh occasionally and fell in love with the whole of the cast.

Imagine my delight in coming across on FB (which I consult more than use) a posting from
the site www.aconsciousrethink.com about Winnie the Pooh quotations.

Very hard to choose a favorite so I may have to write more than one blog, but for today a direct quote:
“On love:
“How do you spell ‘love’?” – Piglet
“You don’t spell it…you feel it.” – Pooh“


No comments:

Post a Comment