Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Hostess gifts….


When we are invited somewhere, be it for a coffee or a several nights stay, we, or that is my generation, were brought up to bring something for the hostess.  I have several coffee groups and slowly we decided that we would no longer celebrate the birthday person, then we eliminated the gifts although I reserved the right to bring something – and continued to do so for those where the hostess goes to the trouble of making homemade cakes and the like. In other groups we have all agreed to not bring anything, but those meals and stays are a little more important and something is appropriate.


I have been told by one of my guests that I am extremely difficult to buy for: right, I don’t need anything, I have no particular passion or hobby to which one could contribute, however this past long-term visit by family members did prove to be very productive as things were bought that I actually could use and were even “needed” due to older items and the like. I do enjoy my new mats at the front door – and back.

And during this latest baking spree, the gift givers will be happy to know that I actually did use the apron!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment