Saturday, December 11, 2021

Birthdays

 Earlier in life I had birthdays mainly in the summer, then I married and my husband and a lot of our inner circle fell between February 20 and March 5, two even sharing the 28th of February. The other two of us in a group of 7 actually shared the same day and month if not the year so we always felt equal to the “fish”. And parties there were.

Then the children started coming and we enlarged our horizon’s, but again with my in-laws it was interesting to note that one of the nephews on my husband’s side shared my own mother’s day and month. My sister-in-law (as in my husband’s sister as opposed to his brother’s wives) almost shared my dad’s birthday and there was many a year when we got them switched around. Wishing my dad a Happy Birthday two days before wasn’t such a problem, forgetting my sister-in-law’s for two days, not so nice.  Then my dad died on my sister-in-law’s birthday complicating things even more.

 

And now, although I perhaps will never reach my goal of having someone on each day of the year, all of the months have filled in quite nicely.

 

As we are apparently 20 million (yes, you read right) on this earth who share each birthday, happy birthday to all of you, who along with my dear sister-in-law, share this particular day.

 

Clipart library

 

No comments:

Post a Comment