Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New beginnings and all that….



Why do we automatically presume that we must make New Years’
Resolutions, never mind, keep them? Especially as most of us don’t even manage
to master those daily lists.

Still a new year, and now a new decade do call us to reflect and perhaps give some
consideration to what we would like, if not need, to change in our lives.

Yesterday I did make a start, not on any list of resolutions, but simply put it into my
head that 2020 will see me continuing something I started two years ago, ie throw out one item a day, and two, not save the good stuff, be it clothes, plates, furniture, expensive
towels or sheets. Our lives are finite: why purchase things with the vague plan of using them “someday”?

To those I’ll add something I try to consciously do in my daily life: people are more important than things, having coffee, lunch, a drink, dinner with a friend beats anything else. One needs to listen to that inner voice and stop and listen when someone needs us.
After all, cleaning just needs re-doing!

Cheers to all and may this decade be your best!
OK where was that list?


No comments:

Post a Comment