Monday, October 21, 2019

Do you have Agerasia?


I hope I do!

Ah, nothing like broadening one’s knowledge of vocabulary. It sounds kind of like a disease, but if so, I sincerely hope that I have it. Agerasia that is.

Today’s A-Word-A-Day (https://wordsmith.org/awad/ do join), is obviously no longer widely used nor even known. However it did have its’ origins way back in the early 1700s and is something that we all aspire to: not looking our age as in looking younger than one’s age. They also included a handy way of finding out if one qualifies: (calculate it) I qualify, but could lower it even more if I would eat more fruit and be a vegetarian.

Enjoy and I hope that you have it as well!
Always good for the morale on what has turned out to be a very gray and dreary day on the climate front. And a Monday at that.  Good thing my weekend was lovely!





No comments:

Post a Comment