Thursday, January 30, 2020

The sound of silence…



My husband introduced me to the Peruvian Pan Flute more years ago than I’m willing to admit – love at first sound.

Yesterday a friend sent me a clip from YouTube: the Sounds of silence.

Reflect: the true sound of silence is so full.

As children, we listen, but don’t always hear – babies communicate without words and not always with cries either. Think of a mother’s smile as she tends to her baby – communication without words. Think of a lover’s glance – the whole world can be held in the lack of words.
Think of friends who exchange smiles – there is no better hello.
Think of the ill and their carers: again often a smile, a tear, and a sigh send more messages than words can ever communicate.
Think of those to whom you wave from a distance: a message is sent: I see you, I care about you.

Think of touch – the holding of hands, stroking of a cheek, the pat on the back or the knee. All communicate care, like or love – without a word.

In this busy world we should listen more to the sounds of silence. Enjoy the clip
https://www.youtube.com/embed/BFnjVazFSTE

No comments:

Post a Comment