Monday, July 14, 2014

My hair needed washing, so I went to the spa!


Well, that was one of the excuses: truth be known, it was looking out the window when I wanted to go for a walk and seeing it drizzly and misty yet again this morning that made me think of pampering and warmer waters. One of my favourite water facilities/spas/whatever is under a half hour down the road: http://www.lavey-les-bains.ch/en

Lavey-les-Bains, a thermal spa

They use a water fall and river to cool and take out the chlorine from the water before it goes into the Rhone River

part of the river used to cool the waters
 
It is true though that I don’t like to go when I have just washed my hair because then I have already done the work and will need to re-do it (I am not one who can swim with her head gracefully above water: either I swim properly or not at all). I also like to take advantage of having to wash my hair as they have much more powerful hairdryers than I in my chalet.

Another justification (I do tend to have to do that) if one was needed is that I am supposedly (anyone who ever worked for themselves will more than understand) on vacation – that vague term that theoretically allows one to do what one wants (as if I didn’t usually anyway!).

Interesting how quickly I can find reasons to do something should I need them: exercise, wash hair, relax because I’m on vacation.

In the end though I did just that, swam a bit, listened to the music and whale calls underwater used the various spouts and jets for massaging my shoulders, back bones, etc.; lay in the “bubble” chairs (in the pool lounging spots to lay in where the water bubbles up around one alternating cold jets with the warmth of the pool itself), and finally the “quiet” room, where I finally finished Alexandra Fuller’s “Scribbling the cat”, Travels with an African soldier.

A "must read" as are all her books!

So well written, so all encompassing of the mental state of those who fought in what was known as the “Rhodesian” war. Her descriptions of landscapes, humans and animals drag you into the African world – a world far from that of a peaceful Swiss village. Highly recommended reading: but not for the faint of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment