Monday, January 31, 2022

Friends

 


I receive magazines from one friend that I read and pass on to another; I buy magazines that I read then pass on to the first friend, then when I get them back I pass on to another…. Old friends, good friends!

 

So, when in a recent one of said magazines I read my horoscope “You may be changing your social circle. Old friends may be dropping away, making room for new connections that will help you to grow more” I thought, horrors, no, no, no.  At my age I am unfortunately losing some friends to the heavens (sounds a lot better than the alternative doesn’t it – and one doesn’t need to have any particular beliefs to prefer the thought of a heaven to anything else), but so far I have seen no change in the “dropping away”. Have I added new friends – amen, and each addition is enriching.

 

Without my friends, old and new, life simply wouldn’t be as rich as it is. I’ll take them all!

So forget that horoscope and let’s see who my next appointment is, ah yes, that dear young woman who spent a few years here with me at number 15! Yeah. And yesterday it was two friends – the remains of an association that didn’t make it, but the friendship endures. Then it will be…

 

I am blessed!

 

My friends are like these petals: a bright light in my life, and abundant.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment