Sunday, January 2, 2022

The view from the “throne”

 


Or a great holiday week.

 

I have been blessed many times over, in particular in my son’s choice of wife and their willingness to let me be a part of my grandson’s lives. I say grandsons as the older is now 2 years and 7 months (its all counts at that age, his counting in French is excellent and the English is coming along) and the younger 5 weeks.

 

As a protective father my son wasn’t too enthusiastic about our wish to have a small family week together right after Christmas, but my DIL and I said, as long as there is a hospital within easy reach it really isn’t an issue. We found this most beautiful Airbnb in Marsens, Switzerland and up we came.

 

The view and “throne”: I ended up in the master bedroom with its’ attached bathroom, including the washer and dryer nicely hidden behind cupboard doors. From the toilet (isn’t “throne” a much better moniker?) I look, during the day, out of the window that looks out on the countryside: at night I look up at the big dipper through the skylight directly about. Lends new meaning to “the throne”!

 

 

View out the window of one of the bathrooms

 

No comments:

Post a Comment