Wednesday, February 2, 2022

02.02.2022

 


There are dates that are attractive to people due to the repetition of a number. There are

No wedding venues for example either for today, nor for the 22.02.2022.

 

In our family, unfortunately, the 2nd of February doesn’t hold such positive connotations as we lost my husband and my son’s father on the 02.02.2000.

 

It was, as we quickly realized, his last joke, especially as in reading the death certificate they had labeled it 00:20!  I do believe that he had the strength and mental capacity to achieve that combination and it still makes us smile.

 

That being said 22 years later, there are way too many 2s in this day. When he passed away on the 02.02.2000 there were 5 zeros and 3 twos, now there are 5 twos and 3 zeros, never mind the 22 years.

 

It’s enough to make one think, but then again I have always had some kind of connection to numbers and if 2 is not my favorite, my life is full of numerical coincidences.

We will get through the day.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment