Saturday, March 13, 2021

Always leave…

Before you’re ready

 

I had the most amazing holiday last month. Enjoyed the privilege of being able to spend time in the mountains of the Valais with my older son, his wife and my grandson. It was especially great as I was allowed to use her sister’s apartment and thus was right there, no walking even yards to go up, come down and the like.

 

Just chilling: I was able to let them take a couple of walks on their own whilst I watched my grandson, we had very companionable and full of laughter evening meals together, but still all had time to do our own thing, read, write, walk or simply be.

 

I didn’t turn on the TV once, did download my newspaper every day by using my cellphone as a hot spot (no wifi in the apartment). What a break, what a family. I was not ready to come home, but thinking it through, that is so much better than staying that one day too much.

 

To be repeated!

 

Wind blowing on the peaks

Surrounding mountains

More surrounding mountains


 

One of the local birds: tiny and in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment