Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Two packages of chips, or


A vegan lunch on a German train!

OK so by now I should know better and mostly I always have some chocolate and some nuts with me – as I did this time. However, I also had memories of wonderful lunches in the German trains and as they had posted the fact that there was a restaurant car, we decided to “dine at leisure” and didn’t buy anything during the changeover in Basel.

Big mistake!

First of all, they had a reduced menu card – due to “technical” reasons – now that just about covers everything doesn’t it. There were two vegetarian options, ie cheese sandwiches that came straight out of plastic to be re-heated on their small grill and the same with vegetables. For my son, who is vegan, there was literally nothing, if one discounts the potato chips. He had two and as he is big I am sure that his stomach was rumbling the rest of the ride.

Fortunately that night we were going out with a couple of the nephews. Pickings for vegans were slim – and according to him – not that tasty. Still he could get food.

This is where the older me says “oh for the good ‘ol days”. 


No comments:

Post a Comment