Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thanksgiving

 

https://www.kciiradio.com/2022/11/23/area-organizations-offer-free-thanksgiving-meals/

 

The only holiday that I truly miss from my childhood is Thanksgiving.

Oh, I have splendid memories of Christmas, of birthdays, both mine and those of my siblings but they still exist.

 

I have lived in the country of my second nationality now for almost 50 years. When the children were little I made the effort of producing Thanksgiving dinner on that Thursday even if it was a work day and school day.

 

Over the years I have been with American family and celebrated it well. I have also had Thanksgiving in various restaurants here as there is a large expat community.

 

But this year, there is nothing – and, I guess as a result of age, I find that I miss it.

 

Still instead of mourning what isn’t I will choose to celebrate what is:

A good life, decent health, a great place to live, friends and family strewn throughout the world; travel, grandchildren, and even the sun is shining today. Truly a life and conditions for which I give thanks!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment