Friday, November 25, 2022

Sisters – an unbreakable tie

All sewn up.

 

I am the oldest of three sisters, followed by that lone brother.

Growing up I was more the babysitter than a sibling, but oh the blessing of having sisters (and a brother who brought into the family another lovely sister!).

 

We lost my little sister ten years ago – colon cancer, get your checks – and whilst packing up her belongings I took her placemats as the colors and pattern pleased me. They have been used occasionally during the fall, but not as often as I could have. They ended up in a cupboard with the exception of one used as a doily on side tables acquired a few years ago.

 

My other sister, who would have loved to have been an interior decorator, often (o.k. always) has suggestions to make on my interior decorations. We are chalk and cheese, but this time she hit the jackpot. We were discussing, rearranging, rediscussing and re-re-arranging cushions on my lovely sofa when she saw the one placemat. Pinned it into place over one of the pillows and indeed it did look good.

 

She took home four of the others and the day before Thanksgiving I received cushion covers made from these placemats in the mail.

Gorgeous.

 

I now live with a permanent reminder of both my sisters – in my living room where I see them multiple times a day. Truly one of the blessings in my life.

 

The two more colorful ones on the ends

 

No comments:

Post a Comment