Sunday, October 30, 2022

Giving up, or.....

 

Giving up, or….

 

Getting Smart!

 

I have spent a quiet weekend at home: that makes for one-in-a-row.

And during said weekend have finally started to tidy up, sort, straighten and dare I say,

Even get rid of a few bits. OK very few, but every one gone is yet another gone.

 

One of this weekends achievements, and yes I have decided that it is an achievement,

Has been letting go of that 5’000 piece puzzle. It has been over a year that it has sat on the winter garden table. I made good progress for about the first month, then life intervened, people were more important (and always will be) and I ended up getting a plastic to put over it so that I could leave it in place whilst the table was being used for other events.

 


 

My older friend in the mountains actually did finish hers.

 

For the first time in my life however, I have decided that some things just aren’t meant to be and this is one that isn’t going to happen – or at least not in the immediate future. Perhaps a few years down the road it will come with me somewhere else and I’ll have the time and patience.

 

Meanwhile, I can finally start on the smaller puzzles, several of which have accumulated during my period of “I am me, I am stubborn, I will finish this puzzle”.

 



 

 

I have finally gotten smart!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment