Thursday, February 3, 2022

Getting things done, or not…

 


Reflections on procrastination.


Ah, there are days!

I have a whole day all to myself, something that is rather rare, at least until English conversation at 16:00, so I had great plans for sorting, filing, tossing and the like.

People intervene – and that is my life and I like it!

 

First of all I needed cat food having discovered last night that I had no more wet food. Both cats were looking on and very anxious for their nightly dinner. Fortunately I did have a tin of cat tuna or not quite sure if they would have forgiven me. So needing cat food I debated which store and decided to not cross the border, then remembered that the best store for their brand was one of the three that I hadn’t been to for awhile.  On the way there, I caved (had planned on no lunch dates) and called a friend on the off chance that she would be available as she is sometimes here, but usually busy, but often in Southern France where I really can’t just call and make a lunch date. She was so that’s Date number 1.

 

Finally at the store I promptly ran into another friend, and as luck would have it, she was available for coffee, so we did. Lovely interlude.

 

Home finally just an hour before I need to go back out for my luncheon date and suddenly “work” not quite as attractive, so a few computer games and this blog later…

 

Perhaps after lunch I’ll be more productive? Or not. There are days.

And people will ALWAYS come first in my life – that is what makes it so good.

 

Reflections in the countryside

 

1 comment:

  1. That friend was so glad you called. It was more than worth it to juggle her day.

    ReplyDelete