Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Nursery rhymes


Remember the one:
 
“Star light,
Star bright,
I wish I may
I wish I might
Have the wish
I wish tonight”

Now that is still a favorite but we need to invent one for the first snow.
The day when gentle flakes do their work of covering up the lack of
leaves in the trees; the dirt and mud on the ground; the absence of
flowers anywhere; fields empty of grains waving in the breeze.

OK since I grew up in Southern California maybe I missed the rhymes
That might have been prevalent in more northern climes – but I did an
Internet search and really didn’t come up with much at all.

Such is life
Time to invent my own.

“The wind grows chill,
The sky turns gray,
Winter is on its way,
Snow falls on the sill.”

Still doesn’t quite take in the beauty of that first snowfall
So I guess I’ll keep trying.


Snow in the neighborhood

street lamp and snowy branches
Leaving up the lights

No comments:

Post a Comment