Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Pretty as a picture or …


My Valentines.

I don’t know what it is, but there are “official” holidays that just leave me cold – that is if they don’t totally turn me off. Mother’s Day is the main one: I am a mother, and love being one, but was never able to convince my husband that one) he could buy the flowers the day before, hide them in a bucket in the cellar and present them through the children on the day or two) that trying to eat out that Sunday was not only double the money, but twice the trouble with restaurants brimming and the waiters and waitresses harried.

Valentine’s Day isn’t quite as bad – I can mostly ignore it.

With two cat’s in the house I have continual enjoyment – and love.
I also know that my kids love me every day of the year and not just on special occasions, but Clea here outdid herself the other day by posing in a frame.
And Babette spends mornings with her head on my hand, cuddled up as I work.

Love is where you find it – love is where you give it and to all of you, my family, my friends I am passing along the wisdom: Love exists all the time, every day, every week, every month, every year – it’s simply a matter of sharing it without needing to make a show. 



No comments:

Post a Comment