Monday, July 4, 2016

Switching continents


Although I haven’t finished the blogs of my Alaska/Canada trip, I am home – and up in the mountains finally enjoying clear skies and a wonderfully sunny day.

This morning I took my usual walk in the woods - admiring as always the flowers in the garden of the last house before the forest.

Pink Peony - as large as it looks!

A huge white peony

light pink one

larger than life


Then after lunch it was go buy my season pass for the cable car and check out the flowers and paths of the upper mountain (the cable car is only working for July/August) while I could.

Mont Blanc on the right as seen from La Creusaz

The Grand Combin through a telescope

La Golette as seen from La Creusaz

It is one of the rare times that I was able to see the wild rhododendrons still in bloom and the blueberries are coming on nicely.

wild small rhodos

alpine flowers

green blueberries

As it’s a Monday I was alone in the cable car and met very few others in the small village at the top – the silence was intriguing – barely any birds to break it and my mood relaxed as I brought back the calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment