Thursday, February 2, 2023

A blast from the past…

A blast from the past
 

Twenty-three years ago I lost my husband; his heart and body simply couldn’t take any more after two valve replacements his heart was failing, a transplant was in the works, but he had a lung hemorrhage before it could take place.

 

Over the years we have adjusted, the good memories remain, the pain is blurred, as are the links to that part of my life.

 

Today, however, I ran into the first person from whom we rented offices all those years ago. His wife and I breast fed our sons together – so this was 45 years ago!

 

I recognized him, not sure that he really recognized me, but just the encounter was enough to transport me back through the years. I don’t need a time machine, friends and acquaintances do well in its’ stead.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment