Wednesday, March 25, 2020

No diamonds please….



No, the way to my heart currently: a lovely fresh red or orange pepper, purple onions, a mix of fresh spring greens.

We all have enough dried beans, rice, pasta and the like probably to do us for several periods of confinement. We also have canned goods and probably freezers way too full.

But what is not always in the refrigerator after lunch is fresh produce, especially for those of us who are really not supposed to go out. And no, one week hasn’t been sufficiently long for me at least to want to “bother” some younger person to get me those items. Should this continue, of course, I will have to face reality, but until then the way to my heart is that gift of a red pepper to accompany the last tin of refried beans.



No comments:

Post a Comment