Sunday, May 1, 2016

First day of Winter, oops


I mean of May.

Which is turning out to be one and the same in any case.
This year has been topsy-turvy and weird all around: no winter to speak of, I think it snowed once at home and certainly didn’t stick, and in recent past we have had horrible, gray, rainy and cold days, interspersed with lovely 20° C days where one would have been forgiven to think that summer was coming early.

I have moved my things back up to the summer rental – so, of course – it is logically that winter followed me, especially since I swapped my winter tires for summer ones just Friday!

Big thick flakes at 6 a.m. this morning made for lovely pictures when I went out mid-morning for a walk: sticking scrupulously to the paved roads – after all the broken bones in my arm are finally solidly knit and I really, really, really, don’t want that to change.

6 a.m. May 1, 2016

This is Spring in the Swiss alps – even at low level as I am at only 1’100 meters.

Magnolia

A cup of snow

Forsythia

Tulips

Purple sticking out of the snow

Snow covering purple flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment