Friday, January 19, 2024

Starting small

 With the writing that is. It will take awhile to get back in the groove so to speak - a phrase that was popular in my youth, but that is probably no longer ever used.

I have mentioned several times how much I love “A THOUGHT FOR TODAY” from Wordsmith.

This one is from several years ago, but ever so pertinent to our lives at the moment.

With a world filled with seemingly only bad news and problems one needs to keep Joseph Addison’s (1672-1719) saying in mind.

« Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for«.”

I also take note that he ended his sentence with a preposition – something that I have spent my whole life trying to avoid. I guess there’s room for change.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment