Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Best presents

 


Over my lifetime I have received many presents, for birthdays, for Christmas, out-of-the-blue (that was my husband’s specialty, not on the day, but any time!)

 

I asked for pearls for my 40th – and got them.

 

I got lovely made-in-school presents from both children, most of which still reside in my home (yup I have a problem getting rid of paper – an issue which I have addressed many times, but never seem to solve. Once I even took photos of all the childish artwork – then still couldn’t throw out the objects themselves).

 

I have received beautiful presents from my girlfriends – again most of which are still used.

 

But a late birthday present this year really was perfect.

 

For those of you who know me, coffee is sacred, at least twice a day.

My son and daughter-in-law offered me the latest in high-tech: a “nanopresso”, a mechanical coffee machine. I am no longer dependent on an Airbnb having an espresso machine, nor a hotel having the gratuities in the room. I can go ANYWHERE, just my machine and I!

 

Sometimes, some people just get it right.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment