Tuesday, September 7, 2021

One of the best…

 Birthdays yet

 

Thanks to all of my delightful and thoughtful family and friends.

 

This year I had decided to go back to a favorite hotel with a long-time friend.

On the day itself, first message from my older son, then a continual flow of WhatsApp, sms, email and I am sure physical cards although I wasn’t home to receive them.

I was on a high even before attending the concert that we had chosen: Andras Schiff

Who played a Bach, then a Hayden, following by Mozart and Schubert. After that we were sure that he couldn’t do anything else, but the Brahms encore was perfect.

 

Back to the hotel where we were going to have our dessert: what a surprise, they presented me with a birthday cake! I had wondered when I got an email during the afternoon offering my a percentage on my next trip if they realized that I was actually in the hotel, yes – not only the computer program, but the people who run the hotel.

 

I went to bed on a cloud.

The only negative of the whole day was the rain, but that did NOT spoil my parade this year.

 

 


Credit goes to the chef of the Golfhotel in Saanenmöser, Switzerland. It was every bit as good as it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment