Thursday, February 6, 2020

Beauty Alert or…



Being aware.

I have the privilege of looking out of my bedroom window every morning (and believe me that is indeed a privilege as not only is my house very well located, but there was a time when I feared the loss of my sight).

The view is mostly the lake, the mountains, shades of grey or in the summer bright sunshine.
Then there are the days where the full moon is going down on those mountains or the sun (in the winter) hasn’t quite risen so the mountains are the same blue as the sky above them and if one is really lucky there is snow on the mountains that divide them. The sunsets can also be phenomenal, or a boat sailing past particularly gorgeous.

These moments are known in my household as “Beauty Alert”s and anyone living here has learned to come running if I shout out one as they never last more than a minute.

It doesn’t take much to make me happy: beauty alerts are a blessing. And sharing them makes them more enjoyable.


Early one morning after fresh snow on the Juras

Sun on the fresh snow through a very old tree


No comments:

Post a Comment