Friday, January 26, 2024

A walk around the square… or

 20 minutes to kill.

 

The other day I needed to take someone to an appointment which wouldn’t last long. As there were no parking spaces in the immediate vicinity I went “the other way” and found myself in part of the original Old Town of Geneva, but not on the cathedral side.

 

20 minutes took me first to the Henry Moore statue up on the bluff overlooking the city and across from

 

Reclining figure: Arch leg

 

The Museum of Art and History (MAH). Intriguing the red digital put out of seemingly endless numbers. I will need to ask the next time I am there what it is supposed to mean.

 


 

Then backtracking towards the car I came across a statue to the Admiral Le Fort – who served Peter the Great. Fitting as the Russian Orthodox church is not far. But again, why a Geneva, admiral of the Russian Fleet?


 

A beautiful sunny day that raised more questions than it answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment